Review Process and Criteria
The AOAO Foundation seeks proposals of high scholarly merit from AOAO members enrolled in a residency training or fellowship program. A review group will convene to evaluate applications for scientific and technical merit. Research projects must be orthopedic in nature and include the four osteopathic tenants:
- Body is a UNIT [body, mind, spirit]
- Body is Capable of self-regulation, self-healing, health maintenance
- Structure & Function are reciprocally interrelated
- Rational Treatment is based on these principles
After review, all applicants will receive a written critique. The total amount awarded is $5,000.
- Application submission: Deadline extended to April 15, 2020
- Award Announcement and Anticipated start date of the project: by April 30, 2020
- Funding is for one year; completion date by April 30, 2021
Application Submission Process
- Create a single PDF document that includes the application form as well as all biographical sketches and additional forms.
- Email the document to Joye Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) by April 15, 2020.
- Questions? Contact Joye Stewart, Grant Administrator at (804) 565-6311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Application and Instructions
The 2020 grant application submission process is now open. The deadline for submission is April 15, 2020.