Review Process and Criteria
The AOAO Foundation seeks proposals of high scholarly merit from AOAO members enrolled in a residency training or fellowship program. A review group will convene to evaluate applications for scientific and technical merit. Research projects must be orthopedic in nature and include the four osteopathic tenants:
- Body is a UNIT [body, mind, spirit]
- Body is Capable of self-regulation, self-healing, health maintenance
- Structure & Function are reciprocally interrelated
- Rational Treatment is based on these principles
The total amount awarded is $5,000. Grant review will be evaluated on the following criteria.
• Project offers an innovative approach to a clinical, surgical or basic science question
• Project is of publishable quality
• Well defined hypothesis
• Clear designated outcomes
• Comparisons between prior/new usage/utilization
• Collection and measurement of outcomes
• Well defined processes
• Identified techniques to be used
• Evidence-based or Original
All expenses are reasonable and appropriate, clearly identified
• Well defined
• Project has access to targeted population
• Explains how will reach targeted population
Integration Overall assessment of project – likelihood of success/publishable
Background / experience/relationship (PD, Attending, other)
Application Submission Process
- Create a single PDF document that includes the application form as well as all biographical sketches and additional forms.
- Email the document to Joye Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 30, 2021.
- Questions? Contact Joye Stewart, Grant Administrator at (804) 565-6311 or email@example.com
Application and Instructions
The 2021 grant application submission process is now open. The deadline for submission is March 30, 2021. Send to Joye Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline: March 30, 2021
- Award announcement and anticipated start date of the project: by April 30, 2021
- Funding is for one year; completion date by April 30, 2022