- Active Members must be a DO or MD licensed to practice with an interest in the practice of orthopedics in the United States, a US Territory or Canada.
Current annual dues are $350.00.
The requirements for Associate Status Membership are:
- Be a graduate of a College of Osteopathic Medicine accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the AOA, or
- Be a graduate of an approved Allopathic Medical School, or a College recognized and approved by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Office of Education, or
- Be a graduate of a foreign medical school registered with the World Health Organization.
Associate members shall have voice but no vote in the affairs of the Academy. They may not become an officer or director, but may serve on committees, either as a member or chairmen. They may not serve on the Board of Directors. An applicant who would otherwise be eligible for either Candidate or Active Membership may not become an Associate Member.
- Current annual dues are $200.00.
- Members must be physicians enrolled in an osteopathic or allopathic residency or fellowship training program in the United States or Canada.
No annual dues for Candidate Members. Candidate Membership includes access to the AOAO Case Log System.
Allied Health Professional Members must be a licensed Nurse Practitioner, Physician
Assistant, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist with an interest in orthopedic surgery.
Current annual dues for Allied Health Professionals are $175.00.
Military Members must be an individual who is an active full time member in the US
Armed Forces and is engaged in the practice of orthopedic surgery within any of the military
medical institutions or facilities in the world.
A requirement of Military Membership is to attend one out of every three Annual Meetings held each fall or one out of every three Postgraduate Seminars held each spring. These meetings provide excellent opportunities to meet your peers, to obtain valuable Continuing Medical Education credits, and to keep up-to-date on the latest in current Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgery techniques.
- Current annual dues for those in the military service are $200.00.
Student Members must be a member in good standing of the national Student American
Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics and enrolled in a College of Osteopathic Medicine
accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the AOA.
- $20 one time fee